Please be advised that the new Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) between Pace University and The Union of Adjunct Faculty at Pace (UAFP) was ratified on October 15, 2018. The agreement is available online here. Relevant salary and eligibility criteria sections begin on Page 30. The following merit increases were approved for the 2018-19 academic year:
“Effective September 1, 2018, eligible adjunct faculty members who are members of the unit shall receive an across-the-board increase of one and a quarter percent (1.25%) with the opportunity to receive up to an additional three-quarters of a percent (0.75%) based on merit and equity if the member received a rating above 3.0 in the previous academic year.”
“Effective September 1, 2018, eligible part-time instructors who are members of the unit shall receive an across-the-board increase of one and a quarter percent (1.25%) with the opportunity to receive up to an additional three-quarters of a percent (0.75%) based on merit and equity if the member received a rating above 3.0 in the previous academic year.”
All applicable promotional and merit increases effective on September 1, 2018, will be paid during the October 31, 2018 pay cycle. As such, eligible bargaining unit members can expect to see the following in their October 31, 2018 paycheck:
- Your new pay period amount which reflects your newly adjusted rate and
- A one-time retroactive payment which reflects the difference between the compensation received on the 9/30 and 10/15 pay cycles at your old rate and what you should have received at your newly adjusted rate. *Please note, you will receive one of these payments for eachdepartment in which you are teaching courses this semester.
Access to your October 31stpay advice can be found here. Please follow the instructions below to access and view your October 31stpay advice.
- Select the Faculty tab.
- From the Employee Self-Service section access.
- Click the Employee Information and Pay Advice link.
- Select the Employee Information and Pay Advice tab.
- Select the Pay Advice link (please remember to change the calendar year from the drop down menu).
- Click on the Display button.
- Select the Pay Advice you would like to review (the “pay advice” statement will display by Pay Period).
If you have paycheck related questions, please contact Payroll at firstname.lastname@example.org or 914-923-2898. If you have an Employee Relations related question, please contact Bernadette Baumann, Senior Director of Employee & Labor Relations at email@example.com or 212-346-1303, or Sia Bundor, Employee & Labor Relations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-346-1869 and we will be happy to assist you.