With only one candidate nominated for each position, no balloting was required, and the officers were elected by acclamation. Profiles may be accessed by clicking on the officer’s name. The newly elected officers of the UAFP for the 2019-2022 term are:
- President: William Quinlan
- Vice President: Varise Cooper
- Secretary: Thomas Failla
- Treasurer: Glenn Martin Miller
All officers serve as members of the Executive Board, which has overall legislative, executive, and administrative responsibility for the policies and operations of the Union. These include approving contract proposals, creating paid appointed positions, authorizing expenditures of funds, and in general proposing and executing the policies and resolutions of the Union. The responsibilities of each position are summarized below. See the Constitution (Article V) for the complete list of officers’ duties.
- The PRESIDENT shall be the principal executive officer of the organization; shall preside over all meetings of the Executive Board and membership; shall supervise all employees of the organization; shall represent the organization before the employer and to legislative officials, the public, and the news media; and shall fulfill other duties as set forth in the UAFP Constitution. The President shall be paid a stipend of $8,500.00 per year.
- The VICE PRESIDENT shall assume the duties and responsibilities of the President in the event of absence or resignation, shall handle the processing and adjustment of grievances, and shall fulfill other duties as set forth in the UAFP Constitution. The Vice President shall be paid a stipend of $7,500.00 per year.
- The SECRETARY shall maintain the non-financial files and records of the organization, shall record meeting minutes, shall assist the President in union correspondence, and shall fulfill other duties as set forth in the UAFP Constitution. The Secretary shall be paid a stipend of $5,000.00 per year. Where appropriate, the union may merge the offices and duties of the Secretary and Treasurer.
- The TREASURER shall receive and deposit all monies and income in the name of the organization, shall maintain membership records and all financial records of the organization, shall arrange for annual audits of the finances of the organization, and shall fulfill other duties as set forth in the UAFP Constitution. The Treasurer shall be paid a stipend of approximately $5,000.00 per year depending on the work load in any given year. Where appropriate, the union may merge the offices and duties of the Secretary and Treasurer.
Officer elections are held every three (3) years in April. Officers are elected for a term of three (3) years by a majority of the vote in a general membership election. Elected officers will assume office within thirty (30) days of the conclusion of the election. Elections will be conducted and overseen by an Elections Committee. To be nominated a candidate must submit to the Elections Committee a petition containing the signatures of at least ten (10) UAFP members. Petitions must be submitted no later than thirty (30) days following the notice of the opening of nominations. Members will be notified before the nominating period begins of offices to be filled, their right to make nominations, and the nominating procedure. Click here for a blank Officer Nominating Petition. All regular members in good standing are eligible to vote, nominate for office, and accept nomination and election to the Executive Board. Sustaining members can vote, but cannot nominate candidates or hold office. For further details about nominations and election of officers please refer to the UAFP Constitution & Bylaws. (Click here.)